"Alphabetarium" was born in 2015, as an off-spring of an earlier mini-game "Alphabet ZOO". See here for more information about the history of the project. As I am based in Poland, and I needed the tool to work for children in Poland learning to speak and write Hebrew, the application has been developed in Polish & Hebrew, and only in recent months I started to work on converting it to English & Hebrew. With the new application, I kept the focus on the visual dictionary, which was in my opinion most needed for children.
The application has been developed with a support of native Hebrew speakers & teachers in Lauder-Morasha school.
During the initial 3 years of part-time work on the application the following milestones have been achieved:
- The Hebrew alphabet was recorded in a sound studio with a native Hebrew speaker
- Over 150 words were recorded in with a native speaker;
- Over 150 hand-drawn images were created by a creative artist
- Hundreds of hours of coding were put into the prototype game
The game has been designed to be:
- Playable online
- Multiplatform, available for Windows, Mac, Linux, Android and Apple
- Easily localisable, so that it can be used by children in many different countries
- Always free, at the minimum in the online version, preferably on all platforms